To be a successful entrepreneur or Internet marketer, you must constantly be learning new things and staying up-to-date with the latest industry news. There are plenty of online resources to help you do so, but finding the most useful resources available can be a challenge.
To help you stay on top of the game, we have gathered together a list of the 100 best business blogs that cover topics around marketing, entrepreneurship and running a business. These incredible resources cover everything from the fundamentals of search engine optimisation through to advice on running a large corporation. They will help you grow a profitable business or achieve incredible success as an Internet marketer.
Let’s check them out!
1. Duct Tape Marketing – Duct Tape Marketing was founded by John Jantsch, the author of the popular marketing guide “Duct Tape Marketing: The World’s Most Practical Small Business Marketing Guide”. Just like the book, the blog focuses on practical marketing tips that help businesses succeed in the online space. In addition to useful articles on Internet marketing, the blog often features discussions on search engine optimisation, lead conversion, and social media.
2. SEMRush – SEMRush is arguably the best Internet resource for learning search engine optimisation. SEMRush was established in 2008 by a small group of SEO and IT specialists. Since then, the business has grown to employ more than 350 people around the world. The main focus of their blog is SEO, but it also touches on marketing, social media, e-commerce, content creation, branding and analytics.
3. Search Engine Journal – Launched 2003, the Search Engine Journal blog is a “must read” resource for anyone interested in SEO. This blog has a strong focus on pay per click advertising, content creation and marketing, social media, and of course — SEO. The SEO guides on the SEJ website are all well-written and easy-to-understand.
4. Search Engine Land – Search Engine Land is another SEO blog with an incredible reputation. Any SEO specialist worth their salt will be a subscriber and will visit the site at least once a week. The primary focus is on SEO news, but it also covers PPC, marketing, social media, and local marketing. It is particularly useful for learning what changes search engines have been making to their ranking algorithms.
5. Fast Company – Fast Company was launched in 1995 by Alan Webber and Bill Taylor, two former Harvard Business Review editors. As you would expect, the quality of the articles is incredible. The websites covers anything relating to business, including technology, leadership, world-changing ideas, and design. The articles are diverse and interesting. It is a “must read” for entrepreneurs.
6. Marketing Land – An offshoot of Search Engine Land, Marketing Land focuses on search engine marketing, social media marketing, mobile marketing, analytics, email marketing, video marketing, and much more. It is the perfect resource for any entrepreneur performing their own marketing or any marketing professional.
7. Forbes – Forbes is one of the largest business blogs/websites in the world, with more than 400 employees, and millions of online visitors each month. The primary focus of the website is on business, investment opportunities, technology, entrepreneurship and leadership. The articles are well-researched and written by professional journalists.
8. Inc. – Inc. is a magazine and website that primarily focusses on entrepreneurship on the Internet. It is essential reading for anyone interested in knowing what businesses are doing in the online space. It has some excellent interviews with entrepreneurs and gives great insight into the running of a successful online business.
9. Entrepreneur – As you might suspect, Entrepreneur has a strong focus on business! It provides entrepreneurs with useful advice for running their startup and gives them inspiration in the form of interviews with business leaders. The company also publishes many books on running a business and holds events for entrepreneurs.
10. Tweak Your Biz – Tweak Your Biz is a fairly small operation compared to Forbes or Inc. but it still provides some very useful articles for business owners. Launched in 2009, the blog has won a number of awards and has developed an excellent reputation. The primary focus is sales, finance, management, growth, and technology.
11. CandyBar Blog – Collection of useful stories for small and medium-sized business owners, with a strong focus on those who operate in the brick and mortar world. The blog provides a mix of actionable marketing and sales tips, market trends and their Merchant Stories collection, a series about small business owners, their successes and struggles, where they feature real stories from real people.
12. Business2Community – Established in 2010, Business2Community leverages the knowledge of its online community to produce outstanding content. The main focus of the blog includes sales and marketing, business and finance, digital news, social media, technology and innovation. Entrepreneurs often contribute to this blog to raise their own online profile.
13. Business.com – This blog provides some very useful information on business practices and marketplace strategy. It harnesses the knowledge of many business leaders, who are asked to write on topics ranging from management style through to marketing techniques. It has an excellent business basics section while also touching on career development and technology.
14. All Business – All Business is a reputable blog that aims to provide small business owners with practical and valuable information. The site employs world-class experts to write many of the articles and showcases how real small businesses overcome their challenges.
15. CopyBlogger – Copyblogger is the “go to” resource for learning about content marketing and blogging. It shares details of how content marketing can help your business and how to make the most of the content you write.
16. Smart Passive Income – This blog is targeted at entrepreneurs who are interested in creating a passive income stream. It was created by Pat Flynn, an entrepreneur & a blogger from the United States. The blog offers some useful resources in addition to the “Smart from scratch” course.
17. MOZ – MOZ is another one of the heavy hitters in the SEO space. Their main website features a number of useful tools and community resources. While their primary focus is on SEO, the blog features a surprisingly wide range of topics, including business research, business practices, community management, PPC, productivity, blogging and more.
18. Convince & Convert – Convince & Convert is a consulting firm that specialises in brand development, digital marketing, and business strategy. The Convince & Convert blog produces some excellent content on everything from social media & content marketing strategies through to conversion optimisation and crowdsourcing (the list of topics is huge).
19. Content Marketing Institute – Founded by Joe Pulizzi in 2007, Content Marketing Institute (CMI) has a mission of advancing the practice of content marketing. They achieve this goal by providing many content marketing tutorials, research papers, and training events. A useful resource for all things related to content marketing.
20. Hubspot – Hubspot is a marketing software company that was established in 2004. Some of their products include a client relationship management tool and sales software. Their regularly updated blog is a large collection of informative articles covering dozens of topics including sales, marketing, and e-commerce.
21. Social Media Examiner – Social media has become important component of Internet marketing. For this reason, there have been many new website focussed on social media in the past few years. Social Media Examiner is one of the best. It is packed with tutorials and social media news articles.
22. Social Media Today – Social Media Today is an online community and resource for Internet professionals. It covers a wide range of topics including social business, communication, marketing, customer experience, digital strategy and content marketing. Many of the articles are written by SMT influencers, who are highly experienced social media consultants.
23. Startup Grind – As any experienced entrepreneur knows, creating a new business creates a lot of “grinding” — the hard work that must be performed to accomplish your goals. Startup Grind helps by providing access to conferences and useful articles. The strong focus on creating a successful startup makes this essential reading for entrepreneurs.
24. Startup Nation – Another fantastic asset for entrepreneurs, Startup Nation covers every aspect of launching a successful startup. They provide dozens of free articles, discussing how to start, grow and manage a business. Topics include marketing, advertising, branding, networking, innovation, finance, analytics, and team motivation.
25. Outbrain Blog – Outbrain is a content discovery company/platform that works in conjunction with some large websites. They have an excellent blog that features articles on content marketing, brand management, publishing, advertising and much more. A very useful resource for business owners interested in content marketing.
26. Fortune – Fortune is one of the most popular business magazines in the world. Their online presence is also quite popular and their website attracts millions of readers each month. The website covers a very wide range of topics, with the technology, business, finance, markets, and tech categories being particularly useful for entrepreneurs.
27. The Harvard Business Review – The Harvard Business Review is one of the most respected publications in the world. They cover all aspects of doing business including technology, innovation, leadership, communication, productivity, human resource management, decision making, and marketing. It is a very useful resource for any entrepreneur or business professional.
28. KissMetrics – Founded 2008, Kissmetrics provides useful analytics tools for entrepreneurs and marketing professionals. They also provide a useful analytics academy, marketing guides and webinars. The Kissmetrics blog is packed with useful articles on a range of topics including email marketing, analytics, conversions, and social media.
29. CrazyEgg – CrazyEgg produces heat map software that helps website understand what users are clicking on. They have created a very useful blog that covers a variety of topic, including improving conversions, content marketing, social media, user experience, and email marketing. It is a very useful site for anyone interested in improving their conversion rates.
30. GoDaddy Garage – GoDaddy is one of the largest domain registrars on the Internet. In an effort to help webmaster create more effective websites, they create GoDaddy Garage — a blog filled with useful tech and marketing articles. You will find articles on everything from eCommerce through to marketing trends.
31. Quick Sprout – Quick Sprout is the work of Neil Patel, a successful author and consultant for companies like General Motors, Amazon, and NBC. His latest book is “Hustle: The Power to Charge Your Life with Money, Meaning, and Momentum“. The QuickSprout blog is packed with useful articles on a range of topics including sales and improving conversions.
32. TED – TED is a non-profit organisation that is dedicated to spreading ideas. They achieve this goal by inviting intellectuals and innovators to give short speeches that are recorded and broadcasted via the Internet. The TED site is a fantastic resource for any entrepreneur or marketer looking for insight or inspiration.
33. Under 30 CEO – This blog is packed with articles from brilliant entrepreneurs who have developed life hacks that help them to succeed. It is the brainchild of James Swanwick, a motivational coach and speaker from the United States. The articles cover everything from improving your physical health to becoming more confident as an entrepreneur.
34. AdWeek – Adweek is a popular blog and weekly print magazine that publishes news in the marketing, media, and advertising sectors. It is an excellent resource for entrepreneurs or media professionals who want to keep up-to-date with changes in the industry. It is also a great source of inspiration and ideas.
35. AMEX Open Forum – American Express created the AMEX Open Forum to help entrepreneurs develop their business. It has excellent articles that help entrepreneurs plan for growth, manage their money, build their staff, obtain customers and much more. The articles are well researched and written by experts.
36. BizJournals – BizJournals is published by American City Business Journals (ACBJ), a large company with more than 3.6 million weekly readers. They primarily write about business, sports and classic cars. BizJournals is a frequently updated publication sharing the latest news from many industries including real estate, education, media & marketing, technology and retailing. It is extremely useful for business owners who want to keep up-to-date with the latest developments in their industry.
37. VentureBeat – Founded in 2006, VentureBeat provides news and research focussed on the fields of technology and innovation. They also run regular seminars where experts share their knowledge. The topics featured by VentureBeat include health technology, cloud computing, gaming, mobile, and small business.
38. Business Insider – Business Insider is one of the most popular business news websites in the world. Their news reporting is very quality and covers everything from politics to finance and technology. It is a useful website for entrepreneurs who want to keep up-to-date with current events and industry news.
39. FitSmallBusiness – FitSmallBusiness aims to deliver practical information to small business owners around the world. They write everything from “how to” guides through to buyer’s guides to help small business owners make decisions. The site reportedly helps more than 800,000 small business owners each month. Topics include financing, marketing, accounting, human resources, technology, and real estate.
40. About.com – About.com is one of the Internet’s largest repositories of information. It contains millions of articles and expert responses to commonly asked questions. The site contains useful information on virtually every topic known to man/woman including some very useful information for entrepreneurs and IT professionals.
41. Small Biz Trends – Small Biz Trends is an award-winning website that features dozens of useful articles for entrepreneurs and small business owners. The main topics presented include marketing and social media, management, technology, and finance.
42. Customer Think – Customer Think is a community of business leaders who are interested in created profitable international businesses. The blog features articles from experts, community generated discussion and some excellent resources for business owners. The interviews with business owners are particularly useful for entrepreneurs.
43. INC42 – Inc42 is a tech media platform developed for the Indian market. They profile Indian startups, review new products, and release the latest tech news. Their articles are very insightful and useful for entrepreneurs from around their world.
44. Women On Business – This is an award-winning blog that first published in 2007. The goal of this publication is to provide all of the news and information that women require to be successful in the business world. Their international team of contributors cover everything from developing business ideas to marketing a product and improving business efficiency.
45. CEO.com – This popular website is a resource developed for executives looking for the latest business news. This site also has a great deal of information about leadership tactics and management approaches. This is an extremely useful resources for entrepreneurs interested in the latest industry news to improving their leadership skills.
46. Search Engine Watch – Search Engine Watch is another extremely popular blog primarily focussed on search engine optimisation. It publishes the latest news relating to search engines and is often the source of exclusive news events in the search engine world. The articles can range from technical SEO articles through to industry rumours.
47. Smart Insights – Smart Insight’s mission is to help marketers and businesses get more from their integrated digital marketing plans. They provide training courses, ebooks, and planning templates to help their clients succeed. The Smart Insights blog is one of the best resources they provide. It is packed with useful articles on social media, marketing, content creation, digital design and much more.
48. Marketing Profs – Marketing Profs helps marketers and business find reliable information on marketing techniques and can put them in touch with marketing professionals. More than 600,000 marketing professionals use their resources. Their articles cover dozens of topics including management, building customer relationships, customer behaviour and email marketing.
49. ProBlogger – ProBlogger is the brainchild of Darren Rowse, a highly successful Australian blogger. It is a feature-packed blog aimed to help people create successful blogs. It offers many resources including articles, eBooks, podcasts, and white papers. At the time of writing this, there were more than 8,000 articles and tutorials on the site.
50. Jeff Bullas – Jeff Bullas is a well-known entrepreneur, speaker and author from the United States. He has helped many businesses and optimise their online brand with content marketing, social media and other marketing techniques. His blog has hundreds of useful articles and tutorials, primarily focussed around blogging, social media, marketing, and content creation.
51. Smart Blogger – Smart Blogger has been developed to help people create successful and profitable blogs. They offer a range of products including eBooks and seminars. Many of the resources they provide are completely free, including articles about content creation, design, social media marketing, link building, and SEO.
52. The Next Web – The Next Web is one of the most popular tech news and reviews websites online. Their website features articles on many different topics including new features in social media platforms, software releases, mobile phones, and desktop computers. It is a very useful website for anyone interested in discovering the latest technology news.
53. The Verge – The Verge is another one of the most important technology websites online. In addition to covering technology, they write articles about culture, science, automobiles, entrepreneurs, and computer games. Some of their interviews with entrepreneurs are outstanding and should be mandatory viewing for business owners.
54. Tech Crunch – Tech Crunch is a popular blog that profiles tech startups, publishes tech news, and reviews new Internet products. It is an excellent resource for learning more about other technology companies and staying up to date with advancements in the industry.
55. Wired – One of the oldest publications in the technology market, Wired write about a wide range of topics, including gaming, social media, technology, and mobile phones. It is an excellent resource for keeping in touch with general tech news and business developments.
56. Smashing Magazine – Smashing Magazine provides designers and programmers with useful articles and tutorials to help them improve their craft. The main topics covered by this website include coding, design, mobile development, graphics, user interface design, and WordPress development. If you are a web developer, this site is a “must read”.
57. Sitepoint – Another incredible resource for web developers. Sitepoint contains thousands of technical web development articles and tutorials. The site also offers dozens of courses to improve technical skills in a specific programming language or topic. There are many articles and tutorials ideal for marketers or business owners interested in improving their technical knowledge.
58. Hongkiat – Hongkiat is one of the newer blogs on this list. The site offers a wide variety of articles in from broad categories — design, technology, inspiration, and social commerce. The social commerce category is particularly useful for marketers and entrepreneurs. It contains articles on blogging, social media, launching a startup, eCommerce, office management and much more.
59. Mashable – Mashable covers everything relating to tech and digital culture. They are an excellent resource for entrepreneurs who want to understand what the next big tech advancement is or what major companies are doing online.
60. Vero – Vero is a new take on social media. A network where you can share information without being inundated with advertisements. They often post great blog content which delves into the nature of social media and how it may change in the future.
61. Econsultancy – Econsultancy is a global team of analysts, trainers and advisers who help businesses succeed in the online space. They have a very popular blog that shares much of their expertise. The blog covers many different topics including productivity, social media, marketing, content marketing, and conversion rates.
62. Contently – Contently are content marketing experts. They have a team of thousands of writers who produce excellent content on demand for businesses and individuals. They have a great blog that primarily focuses on content marketing, return on investment, social media, and brand management.
63. Gary Vaynerchuk Blog – Gary Vaynerchuck is a well-known motivational speaker and entrepreneur from the United States. His blog is filled with useful information for entrepreneurs. Some of the topics discussed include improving conversions, increasing brand awareness, maximising the value of social media, personal branding and managing a startup.
64. Neil Patel – This is the personal blog of Neil Patel, who owns popular marketing software companies like Quick Sprout, Kissmetrics & CrazyEgg. He is an acclaimed author who helps businesses improve their online presence. Neil has a blog on the site which is packed with useful articles on analytics, optimisation, conversion rate improvements, and much more. It is very useful for entrepreneurs who are trying to maximise the effectiveness of their website.
65. Backlinko – Backlinko (run by Brian Dean) is a well known search engine optimisation blog that specialises in in-depth articles on link building, SEO & Content Marketing. Brian also runs an SEO course called SEO That Works.
66. iMedia – iMedia runs summits which connect marketers, agencies, and publishers. Each summit includes many expert marketers who give presentations to the audience. They have a comprehensive blog that is packed with valuable articles on marketing, automation, web analytics, brand management, content creation, and much more.
67. DigiDay – Digiday is a great source of insider news on the tech industry and information about upcoming events. Their blog often publishes interesting articles with a unique take on what is happening in the industry — a valuable resource for entrepreneurs.
68. Buffer Blog – Buffer is a social media sharing platform that allows people to quickly share information. The company has a fantastic blog that deals with a number of topics including social media, video marketing, content creation, and analytics.
69. Wise Bread – Wise Bread is a great resource for anyone living on a budget. This blog talks about living frugally, reducing debt, managing your personal finances and much more. This site can be very useful for an entrepreneur who is on a tight budget while their startup kicks off.
70. BPlans – This website is an incredible resource for businesses. It covers every aspect of running a business, from developing a business idea through to obtaining funding and managing the business. If you are running a business, you should subscribe to BPlans!
71. Virgin (Richard Branson Blog) – Richard Branson is one of the most famous entrepreneurs in the world. He has been successful in multiple industries, including music, finance, and transportation. Richard’s blog is quite varied in terms of content. Some posts talk about the skills required to run a successful business while others talk about work/life balance. A great blog for any entrepreneur to follow.
72. WordStream – Wordstream sells a variety of software packages including a very popular PPC analysis program. Their blog is packed with useful articles covering many topics including PPC, SEO, analytics, marketing, and employment.
73. Angel List – Angel List connects talented IT and marketing professionals with startups around the world. They help entrepreneurs find talented staff members who are perfect for their project. The AngelList blog features some fantastic interviews with industry leaders and many news items.
74. Noobpreneur – Are you a first-time entrepreneur who is unsure about the processes involved with starting a new business? Noobpreneur has been built to help you get started! It features hundreds of articles for entrepreneurs and numerous interviews with experienced entrepreneurs.
75. Solvid Blog – Solvid (that’s us) is one of the themes successful digital/online marketing agencies in the United Kingdom. Their main services include SEO, PPC, website design, social media management, and advertising. Their blog is packed with useful information including some very technical articles on content marketing and programming.
76. Read Write – ReadWrite is an award-winning website that has been designed to help entrepreneurs identify the latest advancements in technology. They deal with a huge range of topics including transportation, smart cities, connected devices, health systems, financial systems, and industrial applications of technology. The website is perfect for forward-thinking entrepreneurs who are open to crossing between industries.
77. The Economist – The Economist is one of the leading global financial publications. The site’s main focus is finance and economics, business, science and technology, books and the arts, and politics. However, The Economist also includes some excellent blogs that offer interesting insights into the business world. A must-read for entrepreneurs.
78. Social Media Explorer – The Social Media Explorer blog publishes regular articles about anything relating to social media. Topics include ways to improve social media campaigns, interviews with social media company executives, technical tips and much more. It is a useful site for any business delving into social media.
79. TopRank Blog – TopRank Blog publishes useful articles that help businesses develop successful websites. The articles they publish cover many topics including marketing, social media, SEO, and content marketing.
80. Killer Startups – If you are interested in seeing what other startups are developing, Killer Startups is the site for you! In addition to reviewing and interviewing startup companies, they have a regularly updated blog with tonnes of great information. It is a great site to learn more about running a startup and what is happening within the technology industry.
81. Media Post – Media Post is a publishing company that provides resources for media, marketing, and advertising professionals. They run dozens of events and seminars each year to help professionals develop their careers or improve their business practices. Their blog has hundreds of informative articles and regularly updated news stories.
82. ClickZ – ClickZ offers business owners and marketers a huge array of tools, webinars, reports, and informative articles. The topics are diverse and include Internet marketing, email marketing, eCommerce, social market, search engine optimisation, and analytics.
83. PSFK – Established in 2004, PFSK offer entrepreneurs a range of tools, content and personalised advice to help them craft a successful business. They also offer subscribers access to an innovation portal where they can track the ideas they come across. The website is packed with useful articles and reports.
84. Social Nomics – Social Nomics deals with a range of social media, offline media, mobile, and business topics. They offer very insightful opinions on current affairs and are particularly useful for giving entrepreneurs information on trends within the social media world.
85. Business Know-How – Business Know-How is a fantastic online resource with thousands of useful articles for business owners. The articles range from the simple (“how to create a strong password”) to the advanced (“Human resources trends for 2020”). This website is an incredibly useful repository of information that every business owner can benefit from.
86. Investopedia – Investopedia primarily focuses on financial and investment news. However, their news articles cover a wide gamut of topics, which can be very useful for business owners and entrepreneurs.
87. Business Zone – Business Zone is another excellent website that specialised in business and financial news. They also provide hundreds of excellent articles designed to help business owners make informed decisions. The articles are divided into five main categories and range from dealing with customers to giving yourself some downtime.
88. My Customer – My Customer is a collection of resources that deal with all aspects of customers — how to find customers, how to market to customers, how to support customers, how to track sales, and much more. If you are a business owner looking to improve your relationship with customers and obtain more customers, it is mandatory reading!
89. SMBCEO – SMBCEO is an excellent knowledge base for small business CEOs. In addition to containing dozens of articles, it has a list of recommended applications designed to make running a small business easier.
90. EMarketer – EMarketer offer a range of Internet marketing services to businesses. They also offer the general public access to free articles. These well-researched articles cover many topics including advertising, B2B, retail sales, demographics, email marketing, marketing technology, social media, media buying, and video marketing. It is an excellent source of free information that is written by experts.
91. Radius Blog – Radius was created to help businesses find new opportunities. They use powerful analytics to determine which areas business owners could move into. The company has a fantastic blog with dozens of useful posts on topics like B2B marketing, project management, business strategy, multi-channel marketing, and productivity.
92. Seer Interactive Blog – Founded in 2002, Seer Interactive has become one of the most successful digital marketing agencies in the United States. With a team of more than 100 people, the company have become leaders in SEO, PPC, and web analytics. The company’s blog has a wide range of informative articles on topics including content strategy, LinkedIn, PPC, SEO and social media.
93. Influence & Co. – Influence & Co. was founded in 2011 to help businesses succeed online through content marketing, branding, and SEO. Their blog has some excellent articles on content marketing, thought leadership, inbound marketing, sales, analytics, and social media.
94. Hootsuite Blog – Hootsuite makes a variety of tools to help businesses manage, track, and evaluate their social media activity. These useful tools help companies make certain their social media campaigns are effective. The Hootsuite Blog offers excellent social media advice and tips.
95. Campaign – Campaign originated as a weekly magazine that was first published in 1968. It has grown to become the world’s leading business media brand — serving the advertising, marketing and media communities. The site is packed with news, reviews, and opinion pieces. It is very useful for marketing or advertising professionals.
96. Get Response Blog – Get Response is a marketing company that offers a range of services including email marketing, landing pages, marketing automation, and autoresponders. The Get Response blog is regularly updated and features some excellent content. The focus is mostly on Internet marketing, conversions, social media, and content strategies.
97. Bloomberg Business Week – Bloomberg Business Week is one of the leading business publications on the Internet. It is essential reading for entrepreneurs or business owners interested in understanding the state of the economy or developments in a particular industry.
98. Digital Marketing Magazine – Digital Marketing Magazine is a very popular website with Internet marketers around the world. It offers a regular stream of high-quality marketing content. It touches on many different topics, including mobile marketing, content marketing, customer experience, search engine optimisation, and social media.
99. CMS Wire – Founded in 2003, CMS Wire is a popular website that focusses on customer experience management, social business, digital marketing, and enterprise information management. The articles are prepared by experts and contain incredibly useful information for entrepreneurs and business owners.
100. Target Marketing Magazine – Target Market Magazine combines marketing blogs with webinars, video interviews, and events. Topics include customer acquisition, data management, social media, client relationship management, and email marketing.